- Trim steak of fat and then cut into small slices, against the grain.
- Place steak into small bowl and then mix in Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil.
- Stir well to combine
- Cover with clingwrap and then leave in the fridge for at least one hour to marinate
- Heat up a wok or large, non stick fry pan until it begins to smoke
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, then throw onions into pan
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring continuously, for one minute and then add garlic.
- Continue cooking and stirring for another 30 seconds and then add meat
- Turn stove up to high and sear meat on all sides.
- Once meat is brown, but still pink, turn off stovetop and remove meat to a plate and set aside.
- Turn stovetop back on to medium-high and add extra ½ tablespoon olive oil to wok
- Add sugar snap peas, broccolini or asparagus and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add two to three tablespoons of water as necessary to avoid burning
- If the vegetables stems are thick you can put a lid on the wok for a couple of minutes and turn the heat down to low to ensure that they are cook through.
- Add capsicum and then add reserved beef and basil
- Stir for a further minute or two and then turn out onto a serving plate.
- Serve with a plan steamed rice and eat immediately.